The Association aims to enhance the educational experience of Hills Road students by developing effective relationships between staff, students and parents. Parents of students at Hills Road are automatically members of the Association, and membership is free. We work to fulfil our aims through:
- Raising funds to support the work of the College
- Discussing issues of particular interest or concern to parents
- Nominating a parent governor to represent us on the governing body
- Sponsoring special events of interest to both parents and students
- Helping at College events and functions
- Regular committee meetings attended by the Principal and senior staff
Meetings are held twice each term and are open to all parents.
The Community Lottery exists to provide Parents, Adult Education students and Friends the opportunity of winning some money while contributing to the College Funds. Seventy-five per cent of the membership fees go to the College and twenty five per cent is given back to members as Draw Prizes. Membership costs £12.50 per annum. The 4 or 5 Draws (depending on the number of members) take place during the spring and summer terms and each Draw has 4 prizes - £100, £50 and 2 x £25. This means that each member has 4 or 5 opportunities of winning one of the four prizes each year. Most members join, as Parents, for two years and Adult Education students for one year. If you have any queries please contact John Philips, Community Lottery Secretary c/o Hills Road Sixth Form College.
Community Lottery Letter 2017
Committee Members Minutes from the AGM 10 Oct 2017